I remember the time when Cigarette Smoking was considered as a symbol of style, sexiness and coolness. It was used to promote everywhere by famous celebrities. But today views towards Cigarette Smoking have dramatically changed, now it is considered as a addictive habit that can cause you Cancer or can kill you. Today also you can not lit Cigarette in public places. If you lit Cigarette, you are considered as a non-social person. Here I am going to list down some amazing facts of Cigarette.
1. France is the country who gave its name as Cigarette. The use of Cigarette in France started from 1830.
2. Cigarette contains almost 700 chemicals like , formaldehyde, lead, hydrogen cyanide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide (found in car exhaust), ammonia (found in toilet cleaner) , arsenic (found in rat poison) and some known carcinogens (causes cancer).
3. Urea is used to add the “flavor” to Cigarettes. Also urea is a chemical compound that is a major component in urine .
4. It is the German doctors who first discovered that cigarette smoking causes cancer.
5. Brazilian people invented Smoking 2000 years ago by rolling tobacco leaves in a paper, one of the interesting fact about Cigarette.
6. Once smoke is inhaled, Nicotine reaches the brain within 10 seconds. It has been found in every part of the body and in breast milk.
7. Nicotine is as addictive as heroin and cocaine.
8. It is observed that Smoking reduces the sense of taste and smell which can make you enjoy fragrance of flowers and taste of ice cream a little bit less.
9. It is discovered by the temple engravings that earlier Maya and Aztecs also used smoked tobacco in their religious rituals.
10. Approximate 40% of the heart diseases and approximate 25% of the cancer related deaths caused by Cigarette Smoking.
photo credit: Malingering via photopin cc