10 Health Benefits Of Guava
Guava is a tropical fruit which is full of nutrition and it can be included in your daily diet (breakfast,lunch and dinner) very easily. Guava is native to Mexico, Central America, and northern South America. Guava thrives in humid and dry climates. Guava belongs to Myrtaceae family (botanically) and its scientific name is Psidium guajava.
Guava is very helpful in major health issues, below I am writing down 10 health benefits of Guava:
1. Guava is a rich source of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E.Guava also contains folic acid, potassium, manganese and copper.
2. Guava is a very good laxative fruit because it contains dietary fiber in good quantity. So Guava is very helpful in constipation.
3. Guava is helpful in making your skin wrinkle free as it contains vitamins and minerals which are very helpful in keeping your skin fresh and healthy.
4. Guava is very helpful in boosting your immune system as it contains powerful antioxidant Vitamin C. It is also helpful in anti-aging.
5. Guava is helpful relaxing the nerves and muscles of the body as it contains Magnesium.
6. Guava is helpful in regulating the blood pressure by reversing the role of sodium in unbalancing the normal blood pressure as it contains Potassium.
7. Guava is very helpful in preventing viral infections (e.g. cold and cough) as it contains Vitamin C.
8. Guava is helpful in treating gastrointestina problems (e.g diarrhea or dysentery) as it has good astringent properties.
9. Guava is helpful in protecting the colon mucous membrane as it contains Vitamin A and the fiber content.
10. Guava can be helpful in reducing weight as it is a Cholesterol free fruit and it satisfies and keeps the stomach free from hunger for a long time.
Guava is also helpful in controlling diabetes, so enjoy this great fruit in your diet and live a healthy life.